VHF/SHORT RANGE CERTIFICATION
This course covers the routine operation of marine VHF radio, frequencies, distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures.
Theory and background
• How radio works
• Rules and regulations
• Operating a marine VHF
• VHF channels
• Voice procedure 1 Routine calls
• Voice procedure 2 Distress calls (MayDay)
• Voice procedure 3 Urgency & safety calls
• Digital selective calling. Introduction and routine calls
• DSC distress, urgency and safety
A maritime radio may only be operated by a holder of the appropriate certificate of competence or by someone under their direct personal supervision. The license is mandatory.
Includes logbook, Course notes and International Recognised Certificates.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 2368
- Assessments Yes