RYA SEA SURVIVAL COURSE
This one-day course prepares you to stay alive in a marine emergency. The last thing we want to do when onboard a boat is to Abandon Ship, however if this was to happen, we need to give ourselves and anyone with us the best possible chance of survival. The three main areas of concern are, survival of the marine emergency itself: Sinking, Fire, Foundering. Entering the water either into a life raft or directly into the water with a lifejacket or buoyancy aid. Then surviving after the incident occurred until rescued. The course will give you the skills and knowledge to apply in this situation to survive until rescued by another vessel or by the Emergency Services.
• There is no preparation required to attending this one-day course.
Theory and background
This is a classroom and swimming pool-based course where you will cover both theory and practical session to enable you to carry out Survive in a Marine environment. The assessment criteria will be Question and Answer session throughout the course with Practical sessions and assessment in the swimming pool.
Some of the main areas to be covered are:
• Survival Equipment carried on a boat and how to operate and use it including Life jackets, buoyancy aids, immersion suits and life rafts.
• Life raft deployment their contents and how to use them.
• Entering the water safely, entering a life raft wet and dry.
• In water survival swimming techniques, individual and groups.
• Medical aspects of sea survival
• Search and rescue techniques
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 16
- Assessments Yes