LEVEL 3 FIRST AID RESPONSE (Highfield International)
This qualification is developed to support first aiders in the workplace by providing more comprehensive understanding of first aid along with an understanding of how important medical/environmental intelligence is when dealing with a range of causalities.
In line with industry guidance, the qualification supports first aiders for a period of 3 years, at which point learners will need to resist the course. In addition, we recommend that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
The recommended guided learning hours for this qualification is 32 hours, which can be delivered in a variety of ways to meet learner/employer requirements;
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed by two methods:
- 4 day block (e.g. Monday-Thursday)
- 2 blocks of 2 days (e.g. Saturday-Sunday and Saturday-Sunday)
- 4 blocks of 1 day (e.g. days linked to employer capacity to release learners for training)
- 32 hours across a period of days (e.g. 2 hours per day)
What is the qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed by both a portfolio of evidence and a practical demonstration.
- Practical demonstration: learners must practically demonstrate the correct application of the first aid skills indicated within the Practical First Aid Assessment checklist along with the safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Portfolio of evidence: Learners are required to demonstrate knowledge and understanding regarding first aid principles and more complex work-place specific environmental awareness and medical intelligence.
Individuals achieving this qualification can speciliase further by taking
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- Highfield Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
Where can this course be taken?
JLS Yachts Training Institute – Highfield International approved training centre.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 32 Hours
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes