YACHT PRACTICAL (Coming Soon in 2023)
Move to the next level and board our Alfa 32’ Sailing yacht or motor yacht Southern Explorer 55 for a 2 day blue water experience. Learn to live onboard with other Crew, Maneuver Yacht, Navigate, Yacht Husbandry, and Upkeep.
Introduction to the boat and its layout.
• Introduction to all safety gear and its usage.
• Basic parts of the boat and their usage.
• Weather reporting and synopsis.
• Filing a float plan. Passage Planning
• Meal and Rooster
• Cleaning and detailing of boat (How to Wash-down)
• Checking sails engine and controls (sail)
• Engine room checks including main engines and gen-set (power)
• Compound and wax the hull
• Stainless preparation and cleaning
• Teak and Wood treatments and cleaning.
• Coiling and identifying lines (ropes on boat)
• Checking and testing dingy and engine
• Checking Anchor and rode plus chains
• Cleaning ensign glass and windows
• Harbor Etiquette
• VHF Radio Check
• Prepare to leave dock
• Setting sail
• Anchorage and Anchor lights
• Diving on Anchor
• Clearing Prop
• Returning to Dock
• Clean up and Shut down yacht
• Report back to Marina
• Overview and Comments
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes